A basic bottle cap can be the beginning level for a number of recycled craft projects. They are a enjoyable way for you and your kids to take what appears like a ineffective merchandise and switch it into one thing special!
Grab a discarded soda, water, or beer bottle out of your recycling bin and create one of these 14 bottle cap crafts.
9 Bottle Cap Craft Essentials
First issues first. Start off by gathering a few of these 9 necessities to assist you create your bottle cap crafts.
- Variety of bottle caps – Metal caps are utilized in most crafts, however can sometimes be harder to come by. However, both one will work well for many projects. You may even discover enjoyable bottle caps for buy online or in your native craft store.
- Hot glue gun – A easy glue stick won’t do for many projects. Grab a hot glue gun to assist you stick these bottle caps the place you want them or so as to add embellishments. If you’re nervous about utilizing one round your kids, a low-temp glue gun is a nice option.
- Paints – Gather a choice of various types of paint in a number of colors. If your project goes to live outdoors, make sure you select a paint that’s outdoor approved.
- Newspaper – Newspaper makes a nice base for nearly any project. It will protect the floor that you’re engaged on and make cleansing up a breeze!
- Embellishments – Gather up all of the crafting goodies you have. Everything from pom pom balls and googly eyes, to coloured string and ribbons, to feathers and glitter.
- Small, strong, magnets – Magnets and bottle caps are the perfect pairing. They can be utilized to create some adorable fridge magnets!
- Hammer – A hammer can be utilized to assist flatten out any bumps in your bottle caps.
- Pliers – Pliers are a nice tool for pulling the edges of bottle caps outward. It creates a fun, flared edge.
- Europunch pliers – These particular pliers assist you punch holes in your bottle caps to create issues like necklaces and ornaments.
5 Tips for Crafting with Bottle Caps
Before you begin crafting, keep in thoughts these 5 tips.
- Create a gathering spot – Use a field or small container to begin gathering your bottle caps. Make it a behavior to place them within the field as quickly as you pop that top!
- Take benefit of colours and patterns – What makes bottle caps a lot enjoyable are their different colors, patterns, and pictures. Go for a number of various ones to give your project that particular something.
- Remove them carefully – When eradicating bottle caps, do so carefully. Be gentle so that you can keep away from any large dents within the center and you’re left with a flat floor perfect for decorating.
- Use two coats – If you’re portray your bottle caps, be ready to make use of greater than one coat of paint. Spray paint usually permits for higher protection than your typical craft paint.
- Take care – When utilizing metal bottle caps, you want to concentrate to any sharp edges and ensure that when you’re punching holes or utilizing pliers that it’s done by an grownup or an older child.
14 Bottle Cap Crafts for Kids
Now that you’ve gathered your necessities and know what to look out for, dive into these 14 bottle cap crafts!
- Bottle Cap Garden Art | Suburbia Unwrapped
- Bottle Cap Bookmarks | By Your Hands
- Bird Puppet | Messy Little Monster
- Bottle Cap Spiders | Kids Activities Blog
- Bottle Cap State Art | Beneath My Heart
- Bottle Cap Magnet Flowers | Pretty Handy Girl
- Plastic Lid Monsters | Crafts by Amanda
- Bottle Cap Rattlesnake | Moms & Crafters
- Magnet Ladybugs | Suburbia Unwrapped
- Bottle Cap Garland | S.E.I Crafts
- Bottle Cap Candles | Craftaholics Anonymous
- Bottle Cap Necklace | Girl Gone Mom
- Pom Pom Christmas Ornaments | Recycled Crafts
- Bottle Cap Catapult | Teach Engineering
Now it’s time to stretch your imaginations and create amazing bottle cap crafts of your own!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked this assortment of bottle cap crafts, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for extra methods to have enjoyable with your kids or students, please follow our Kids board the place we share all sorts of nice ideas we fins every day!