Non-dairy milks are having a second within the beverage and culinary world, and cashew milk is no exception. Created just by combining cashews and water, cashew milk is rich, creamy, and nutritious. It’s a nice alternative for anybody who’s vegan or illiberal to dairy, or these that want to chop down on their dairy milk intake. Although cashew milk is scrumptious sufficient to drink by itself or add to your coffee, there are additionally a nice deal of cashew milk recipes that are definitely worth your attention. Curious to see how to make use of cashew milk in your favorite recipes? Read on!
What is Cashew Milk?
Cashew milk is a non-dairy milk, meaning it contains no lactose. It’s made from filtered water and cashews and is a nice alternative for anybody who’s lactose intolerant. It’s additionally a nice option for vegans who don’t want to surrender creamy recipes! Cashew milk doesn’t have any naturally occurring sugars like cow’s milk does, and it has a rich, creamy nuttiness that’s a bit extra subtle than almond milk. It’s easy to make at home and comes with a plethora of well being advantages since it’s loaded with vitamins, minerals and wholesome fats.
What Are the Benefits of Cashew Milk?
1. High in Nutrients
Cashew milk contains vitamins, minerals, wholesome fat and protein. Most of the fat in cashew milk is very nutritious because it comes from unsaturated fatty acids that promote coronary heart well being and produce different wholesome benefits.
Cashew milks purchased in retailer are typically fortified with nutritional vitamins and minerals and have a higher nutrient content material in comparison with homemade versions. However, store-bought cashew milk can additionally contain added oils, sugars and preservatives so make certain to do your analysis earlier than you buy!
Since homemade cashew milk doesn’t want to be strained like different homemade milks such as almond milk, it has a excessive fibre content material and is additionally chock full of magnesium. Magnesium is important for nerve function, coronary heart well being and blood pressure regulation.
2. Eye Health
Cashews are excessive within the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which can prevent mobile damage to your eyes caused by free radicals. Eating meals wealthy in these antioxidants can reduce your risk of retinal damage, age-related imaginative and prescient loss and age-related cataracts.
3. Improves Blood Sugar
Drinking cashew milk can assist with blood sugar control, since cashews contain sure compounds that promote correct blood sugar management in your body. This is particularly important for anybody affected by diabetes. The fact that cashew milk is additionally lactose-free means that it has fewer carbs than dairy milk. For anybody with diabetes, it’s ideal to replace cashew milk with cow’s milk to assist management your blood sugar levels.
4. Good For Your Complexion
That’s proper – cashew milk is good for your skin! Cashews are wealthy in copper, and homemade cashew milk particularly is wealthy in copper as well. Copper assists within the creation of pores and skin proteins and is essential for optimum pores and skin health. Copper regulates the manufacturing of collagen and elastin – proteins that contribute to pores and skin elasticity and strength. It’s important to have optimum ranges of collagen in your body, as insufficient collagen can result in pores and skin ageing.
5. Boosts Your Immune System
With a nice deal of antioxidants and a excessive zinc content, cashew milk can assist boost your immune system. Cashews can lower irritation and illness in your physique due to their antioxidants. On top of that, your physique makes use of zinc to create immune cells that fight against illness and infection. Adding cashew milk to your daily routine could make you extra wholesome all around!
How to Make Your Own Cashew Milk
1. Soak 1 cup of uncooked cashews in water for at least four hours or in a single day within the refrigerator. Drain the cashews and rinse them till the water runs clear.
2. Add the cashews and 2 cups of water to your blender. Begin on a low setting and increase the speed till the cashews are completely ground. In a excessive powered blender this will take about 2 minutes, so a low powered blender will take a little longer.
3. Blend in 2 extra cups of water and any sweeteners you might want such as vanilla, sea salt or cinnamon. Don’t fear in case your blender can’t completely break down the cashews. Simply drain the milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
4. You can keep the cashew milk in a covered container within the fridge for as much as three days.
30 Cashew Milk Recipes You’ll Love
1. Creamy Garlic Roasted Red Pepper Pasta | Pinch of Yum
2. Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa | Oh She Glows
3. Cashew Milk Chia Pudding | Alexandra’s Kitchen
4. Creamy Cashew Chicken Curry | Dishes & Dust Bunnies
5. Double Chocolate Cashew Ice Cream | It Bakes Me Happy
6. Cashew, Cardamom and Date Smoothie | Dishing Up the Dirt
7. Mushrooms on Sourdough Toast | Holy Cow Vegan
8. Creamy Vegan Saag Paneer | Serious Eats
9. Vegan Broccoli Cheese Muffins | Spabettie
10. 4-Ingredient Protein Buckeyes | Amy’s Healthy Baking
11. Vegan Vanilla Iced Coffee | Sunkissed Kitchen
12. Pistachio Chocolate Chip Ice Cream | Cook Eat Paleo
13. Banana Cashew Smoothie | Buns In My Oven
14. Overnight Oatmeal with Cashew Milk | Whipper Berry
15. Vegan Wild Mushroom Lasagna | Holy Cow Vegan
16. Vegan Cauliflower-Creamed Spinach | Serious Eats
17. Spicy Rainbow Chopped Salad | 101 Cookbooks
18. Sun-dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta | The Garden Grazer
19. Cashew Butter Pancakes | Table for Two
20. Vegan One Pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta | Delicious Everyday
21. Ginger Vanilla Protein Crunch Bars | Spabetti
22. Butternut Squash Soup | Miss within the Kitchen
23. Oatmeal Banana Muffins | In Jennie’s Kitchen
24. Pumpkin Scones with Chocolate Chips | Jessica Gavin
25. Vegan Mushroom Wellington | Delicious Everyday
26. Vegan Pumpkin Soup with Candied Cashews | The Cookie Rookie
27. Pumpkin Spice Latte Chia Pudding | Spabettie
28. Apple Fritter Cake | Shockingly Healthy
29. Thai Cashew Chicken and Mango Salad | Taste Love and Nourish
30. Strawberry Cashew Smoothie | How Sweet Eats
Cashew milk has so many wholesome advantages and can be utilized in a nice deal of scrumptious recipes. It’s ideal if you’re vegan, lactose illiberal or just want to reduce your dairy intake. Try these recipes and see how briskly you become a cashew milk aficionado!
Did you love our post on scrumptious cashew milk recipes? We’d love if you shared it on Pinterest!