A low carb, excessive protein dessert, protein fluff is the perfect deal with to attain for in your weight reduction journey. It’s light and airy, but extremely filling and it’s fast to whip up when you really feel your candy tooth hit. Think of it as a mixture of ice cream and whipped cream, however completely guilt free. And since it’s so low in calories, you can add your favorite toppings like cocoa nibs, berries and toasted nuts. When you’re craving one thing sweet, creamy and filling, but guilt free, these protein fluff recipes are certain to come in handy!
What is ‘Protein Fluff’?
Protein fluff is a low calorie frozen dessert made primarily from protein powder, ice and milk – typically, non-dairy milk – in addition to a few different ingredients. It’s a fast and easy deal with to make that’s excessive in protein, however low in carbs and fats, so ideal for these looking for a candy deal with however cautious of their calorie intake.
It’s extraordinarily light and voluminous with a “marshmallowy” consistency and is additionally known as protein ice cream, though it’s not as creamy or dense. And since it’s so low in calories, you can get creative with toppings relying in your nutrition goals. Some popular options? Fresh fruit, nut butter, cereal, nuts, toasted coconut and cocoa nibs.
5 Tips and Hacks for Making Protein Fluff
1. Use a High-Powered Blender or Food Processor
Using an old, worn down blender to make protein fluff isn’t going to give you nice results. It will have trouble crushing all of the ice and also you won’t get the correct consistency protein fluff is known for. Invest in a top excessive quality blender or meals processor if you don’t have one. You’ll use it for greater than simply protein fluff and it’ll be completely worth it!
2. Or, Use a Hand Mixer
Some protein fluff enthusiasts stray away from utilizing a blender in favour of utilizing handheld mixing appliances. You can use a handheld blender to combine your ingredients earlier than switching to a handheld electrical mixer. You can additionally use a blender stand mixer to get a good fluff!
3. Choose the Right, High-Quality Protein Powder
Protein powder is the main ingredient in protein fluff, so that you need to be certain to make use of one which has excessive high quality ingredients. It’s additionally important that it blends well, or the fluff won’t flip out properly. A whey+casein mix protein powder is ideal for optimum fluffing. Keep in thoughts that most vegetarian and vegan protein powders won’t fluff, so keep away from fluffing pea protein, brown rice protein and hemp protein unless you add xanthan gum, which can assist fluff these powders up.
4. Use the Precise Amount of Milk and Ice
Make certain to follow the exact quantity of ingredients stated in your protein fluff recipe, particularly when it involves milk and ice. There must be accuracy within the quantities of every ingredient to make sure you get the specified consistency of the protein fluff. You ought to additionally make certain to make use of freshly made ice. If you use frosty ice that’s been within the freezer for a while, it’s not going to crush as well.
5. Eat It Fresh
You’ll need to eat your protein fluff as quickly as you make it if you wish to enjoy its correct consistency. While you can pop it within the fridge for a pair hours, it won’t be as fluffy as when it’s made, and after a day it tends to crust on top and it’ll quickly lose its fluff, turning right into a smoothie consistency. Eat it fresh for protein fluff you’re certain to love.
25 Protein Fluff Recipes for Weight Loss
1. Strawberry Protein Fluff | Health Beet
2. Healthy Blueberry Protein Fluff | Desserts with Benefits
3. Low FODMAP Berry Protein Fluff | Casa de Sante
4. Black Raspberry Protein Fluff | Inside Kelly’s Kitchen
5. Double Chocolate Protein Fluff | Fit As A Mama Bear
6. Cake Pop Protein Fluff | Emyogifit
7. Protein Pumpkin Pudding Fluff | Recipe Cart
8. Vanilla Protein Fluff with White Beans | Fit Taste Tic
9. Berry Protein Fluff with Almond Milk | Carolina Vallejo
10. Protein Peanut Butter Fluff | Body Building
11. Chocolate Chip Protein Fluff | Dr. Sara Soloman
12. Healthy Guava Protein Fluff | Clean Foods
13. Strawberry Banana Protein Fluff | The Protein Chef
14. Chocolate Protein Fluff | Sprout Living
15. Blueberry Rocky Road Protein Fluff | Mountain Dog Diet
16. Chocolate Cinnamon Protein Fluff | Fleeky Foods
17. Caramel Apple Protein Fluff | Emyogifit
18. Birthday Cake Protein Fluff Bowl | Devotion Nutrition
19. Protein Marshmallow Fluff | Protein Cakery
20. Blueberry Pie Protein Fluff | The Protein Chef
21. Pumpkin Maple Buckwheat Protein Fluff | Lil Bucks
22. Berry Protein Fluff | Optimising Nutrition
23. Low Carb Peanut Berry Protein Fluff | Macro Chef
24. 3-Ingredient Vanilla Protein Fluff | Mugs for Muscles
25. Banana Protein Fluff | Banana’s Inside
With these tips and recipes, protein fluff is about to become your favorite guilt-free treat. Whip it up for a excessive protein, low calorie dessert you’ll love!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this spherical up of protein fluff recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for extra wholesome recipes? Make certain to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!