If you’re on the hunt for creative artwork projects you can enjoy with your kids after school and on weekends, these duct tape crafts for kids will not disappoint!
RELATED: A Kid’s Guide to Awesome Duct Tape Projects
We’ve curated tons of DIY ideas for all ages and stages, collectively with easy bookmarks and lanyards, arm bands and bracelets, hair bows and headbands, and wallets, purses, iPhone cases, and iPad covers, permitting your kids so as to add a little personality to the items they use every day. These crafts additionally make significant keepsakes and gifts for household and friends, and offer an easy way to spend a little high quality time collectively after school and on weekends!
5 Duct Tape Craft Tips and Techniques
1. Invest in a pair of nonstick scissors. Duct tape can leave a gummy movie on scissors, making it difficult to work with, so earlier than you get began with the duct tape crafts for kids below, make sure you have a pair (or 3) of nonstick titanium scissors.
2. Remove residue with rubbing alcohol. If you don’t have a set of nonstick scissors, or nonetheless discover your duct tape leaving some residue, you can simply clear this off with rubbing alcohol and an old rag. Check out THIS POST on Hands Occupied for step-by-step directions on how to do that quickly and efficiently!
3. Prep with parchment paper. If you’ve ever labored with duct tape, you know it may be difficult to peel and cut. This can pose issues when you’re within the center of making a craft and want to chop additional strips of tape ASAP. The excellent information is that duct tape doesn’t adhere thoroughly to parchment paper, so that you can pre-cut your duct tape into strips, place them on a big sheet of parchment paper, after which seize them as wanted whereas you are attempting out the duct tape crafts for kids below!
4. Create enjoyable designs with ornamental gap punches. Don’t be afraid so as to add a little personality to your designs with this set of gap punchers!
5. Keep your duct tape organized. If you plan on doing duct tape crafts for kids on the regular, you’ll want to consider investing in some sort of storage system to maintain issues organized. I love this portable divided craft bin because it has removal dividers, permitting you to retailer and organize a number of crafting supplies at once. You can additionally purchase a number of bins and stack them on top of every other if you have lots of provides to organize!
21 Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
Duct Tape Bookmarks | Sensibly Sara
Duct Tape Arm Bands | Frugal Fun For Boys and Girls
Duct Tape Boats | Julie Measures
Duct Tape Hair Bows | Real Life at Home
Braided Duct Tape Bracelets | DIY Candy
Duct Tape Rose | Woo! Jr. Kids Activities
Minimal Duct Tape Wallet | Instructables
Duct Tape Lanyard | Craft Soccer Mom
Duct Tape Flower Pens | Lasso the Moon
No Sew Duct Tape iPhone Case | Instructables
Duct Tape Purses | All Things Thrifty
Duct Tape Belt | sprinkle some fun
Duct Tape Pencil Roll | Chica Circle
Recycled Plastic Bottle Wind Spinner | Crafts by Amanda
Duct Tape Craft Bag for Dolls | Doll It Up
Duct Tape Pencils Case | Lesson Plans
Duct Tape iPad Cover | Craft Bits
Super Easy Duct Tape Headbands | Rosyscription
Duct Tape Backpack Charms | Modge Podge Rocks
Duct Tape Key Wristlet | Craft Soccer Mom
No Sew Duct Tape Tote | Instructables
Whether you’re looking for crafts you can enjoy with your kids after school and on weekends, or you’re on the hunt for actions older kids can enjoy independently, I hope this assortment of duct tape crafts for kids inspires you!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked this assortment of duct tape crafts for kids, please share this post on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for extra methods to have enjoyable at home with your little ones, please follow our Kids board the place we share all sorts of nice ideas we discover every day!