The smell and sound of scorching bacon is one of many best issues to get as much as within the morning, however we have to admit, it’s not precisely the healthiest meals out there. While gorging on forkfuls of fatty, greasy bacon is a nice way to derail your wholesome diet, there are methods to enjoy bacon recipes guilt free. The type of bacon you buy, in addition to the way you cook it could make a big difference, so check out our spherical up of wholesome bacon recipes and tips so that you can enjoy bacon with out the guilt!
5 Tips for Making Healthy Bacon Recipes
1. Opt for Uncured Bacon
Uncured bacon is bacon that hasn’t been cured with synthetically-sourced sodium nitrite. Sodium nitrite is what many bacon makers add to bacon to protect and color the bacon (it gives it that bright pink color all of us know). Uncured bacon is cured with naturally occurring nitrites present in celery, beets and different veggies. The greens mixed with seasonings and fresh sea salt create a cure that’s free from synthetic chemicals.
2. Buy Centre Cut Bacon
Centre cut bacon is nice because it’s decrease in fats and also you find yourself getting extra of the particular meat. Centre cut bacon comes from the center of the pork belly. The fatty ends of the bacon have been trimmed, making leaner slices. They’re additionally usually the highest excessive quality slices, so expect to pay a little extra for them.
3. Try Reduced Salt Bacon
Another way to consume bacon in a extra wholesome way is to purchase bacon with reduced salt. Although your physique wants some sodium to work properly, diets excessive in sodium are linked to an elevated risk of developing excessive blood pressure, which is a main trigger of stroke and coronary heart disease. Regular bacon is known to be fairly excessive in sodium, so choosing reduced salt bacon is a extra coronary heart wholesome option.
4. Roast Your Bacon
Roasting your bacon is one of many healthiest methods to cook it. Place strips of bacon evenly on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast at 400-degrees for 15 to twenty minutes till cooked through. The result will be crispy, tender and chewy bacon that isn’t too fatty or greasy.
5. Grill It!
Another wholesome way to cook your bacon is on the barbecue. Grilling your bacon on the BBQ ensures the fats drips away and helps eliminate extra grease, all whereas infusing the meat with a delicious, smoky flavour. Let your bacon sit out for about 10 minutes earlier than placing on the barbecue, and be certain to maintain the strips a few inches aside whereas they cook. Preparing bacon on the grill takes about 5 to 7 minutes, so make certain to constantly monitor it so the slices don’t burn.
20 Healthy Bacon Recipes for Breakfast
1. Bacon Egg Cups | Healthy Recipes
2. Healthy Breakfast Skillet | Snacking in Sneakers
3. English Breakfast Frittata | Sugar Free Londoner
4. Smoky Bacon Sweet Potato Hash and Eggs | Joyful Healthy Eats
5. Mexican Breakfast Tostadas | Plantings and Pairings
6. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches | Tastes Better From Scratch
7. Baked Eggs with Tomato and Bacon | Pants Down Aprons on
8. Egg and Bacon Cauliflower English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches | Eating Well
9. Bacon and Egg Breakfast Tacos | Erhardts Eat
10. Cheesy Bacon and Egg Hash | Cafe Delites
11. Quiche Lorraine with Zucchini Crust | Eating Well
12. Low Carb Bacon, Egg and Spinach Breakfast Casserole | Stay Snatched
13. Bacon and Veggie Egg-Free Paleo Breakfast Skillet | Whole Kitchen Sink
14. Low Carb Bacon and Broccoli Egg Burrito | Eating Well
15. Easy Breakfast Quesadilla | Pumpkin ‘N Spice
16. Cheesy Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bombs | Jones Dairy Farm
17. Healthy Freezer Bacon and Egg Breakfast Burrito | Joyful Healthy Eats
18. Healthy Breakfast Fried Rice with Bacon | My Crazy Good Life
19. Air Fried Breakfast Bombs | Cooking Light
20. Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Bacon and Sweet Potato | Sweet Peas and Saffron
20 Healthy Bacon Recipes for Lunch and Dinner
1. BLT Stuffed Avocado | Wholesome Yum
2. Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon | Well Plated
3. Zucchini Noodles with Bacon, Ricotta and Peas | Recipe Runner
4. BLT Pasta Salad | Paula’s Plate
5. Caramelized Leek, Bacon and Goat Cheese Potato Salad | Wright Family Table
6. Bacon, Brie and Apple Grilled Cheese | Life as a Strawberry
7. Healthy Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta | Pinch of Yum
8. Bacon and Shrimp Quinoa Fried Rice | Wok and Skillet
9. Salmon, Pea and Bacon Pasta | Stuck on Sweet
10. Bacon Wrapped Mediterranean Chicken | Briana Thomas
11. Roasted Vegetable Brown Rice Risotto with Bacon and Kale | Happy Healthy Mama
12. Bacon and White Bean Stew | Tastes Lovely
13. Bacon, Egg and Maple Grilled Cheese | Food Network
14. Aubergine, Chilli and Bacon Pasta | BBC Good Food
15. Butternut Squash Soup with Bacon | Eat This, Not That
16. Crunchy Asian Pea Salad with Honeyed Bacon | Food and Wine
17. Bacon-Wrapped Monkfish | BBC Good Food
18. Slow Cooker Chicken in Red Wine | Eat This, Not That
19. Grilled Chicken and Watercress Salad with Canadian Bacon | Food and Wine
20. Baked Potato Soup | Eat This, Not That
20 Healthy Bacon Recipes for Dessert
1. Healthy Maple Bacon Cupcakes | My Keto Kitchen
2. Maple Bacon Chocolate Truffles | Healthy Delicious
3. Candied Bacon Sweet Potato Cupcakes | Better Homes and Gardens
4. Sweet and Savoury Chocolate Bacon Bark | The Spruce Eats
5. Chocolate Covered Bacon | Savoury Experiments
6. BLT Dessert Bites | Better Homes and Gardens
7. Low Carb Maple Bacon Crack | Joy Filled Eats
8. Decadent Bacon Brownies | King Arthur Baking
9. Maple Bacon Cake | Wanderlust Wellness
10. Candied Bacon | All Recipes
11. Easy Coconut Bacon | Minimalist Baker
12. Caramelized Bacon and Apples | The Creative Bite
13. Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls | The Soccer Mom Blog
14. Maple Bacon Rice Krispie Treats | Lauren’s Latest
15. Bacon Weave Apple Pie | Delish
16. Bacon Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Blondies | Punchfork
17. Bacon Studded Maple Donut Holes | I Breathe, I’m Hungry
18. Maple Bacon Fudge | Ashlee Marie
19. Peanut Butter and Bacon Blondies | Taste of Home
20. Apple Bacon Galette | Food Network
There’s no doubt about it – bacon is scrumptious and could make any meal style better, whether or not it’s breakfast, dinner or dessert. Use our tips and scrumptious wholesome bacon recipes to enjoy bacon guilt free!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love this spherical up of wholesome bacon recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for extra guilt free recipes? Make certain to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!