Light, decadent and fluffy, mousse is what dessert lover’s dreams are made of. When you’re full from dinner, however nonetheless need one thing sweet, a small cup of mousse is the perfect solution. It’s not the best dessert to make, however with the proper tips and a few practice, you’re certain to get the hang of it in no time. Use our tips, tricks and recipes for low calorie mousse recipes that are certain to fulfill your candy tooth!
How to Make The Perfect Mousse
1. Choose Your Base
The base of your mousse will be your main flavouring component. Think: chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, or fruit. If you’re making a chocolate or peanut butter mousse, these ingredients alone will be your base. If you need a fruit mousse, you’ll use a pureed fruit or a fruit custard. For flavours like vanilla or caramel, you’ll begin with a custard base that may be flavoured in a variety of ways.
2. Pick an Aerator
Aerators are a key component of mousse to give it that light, fluffy texture we all know and love. Whole eggs or egg yolks are a great, stable aerator. Add the sweetener to the eggs and warmth the combination over a water bath (a pan of hot water that you place within the oven) – this will warmth the eggs to a secure temperature. Whisk the combination constantly till the sugar is dissolved. Other nice aerators are coconut cream, whipped cream, coconut milk, aquafaba (chickpea water), and egg whites.
3. Fold It In
To combine a mousse, the aerators are gently added into the bottom by folding. Start off by including a small amount, about 25% of the aerator to the bottom and blend it to combine. You can combine barely extra vigorously throughout this time. Add the remaining aerator in 2 or three additions and gently fold, simply till the aerator is incorporated.
4. Let It Set
Once you’ve portioned out your mousse, allow it to set within the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes. If you’re layering the mousse, allow every layer to set earlier than you add the next. Mousse additionally retains within the fridge for a few days, so that you could make it forward of time and eat it at your leisure.
3 Low Calorie Dessert Substitutes
1. Refined Sugar Substitutes
High quantities of refined sugar can increase your blood sugar ranges and result in diseases and well being points such as diabetes, excessive blood pressure, excessive cholesterol, weight problems and cardiovascular disease. Instead of sugar, try substitutes such as stevia, maple syrup, coconut sugar, agave and honey. Fruits will additionally add pure sweetness to your desserts with out including sugar.
2. Dairy Substitutes
Dairy merchandise like egg yolks, butter and cream increase the saturated fats present in your desserts. Too a lot saturated fats can trigger ldl cholesterol to construct up in your arteries and they additionally raise your LDL (bad) cholesterol. Substitute almond, soy or coconut milk for cow’s milk; Greek yogurt, pureed avocado or coconut oil for butter; and tofu or banana for egg yolk.
3. Dark Chocolate Instead of Milk Chocolate
Dark chocolate is wealthy in antioxidants, nutritional vitamins and minerals and has even been proven to assist decrease blood pressure. If you’re going to be making a chocolate dessert, always use darkish chocolate with at least 70% cocoa for a low-calorie but nonetheless scrumptious alternative!
15 Chocolate Low Calorie Mousse Recipes
1. Easy Healthy Chocolate Mousse | Broma
2. 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse | It’s Cheat Day Everyday
3. 150-Calorie Chocolate Mousse | Spark Recipes
4. Lighter Chocolate Mousse | Delicious Magazine
5. Vegan and Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse | Foodie Fiasco
6. Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse | Tori Avey
7. Light Chocolate Mousse | Taste
8. Keto Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Powder | Healthy Recipes Blog
9. Avocado Chocolate Mousse | Chocolate Covered Katie
10. Low-Fat Chocolate Mousse | The Dairy Alliance
11. Low Carb, Low Fat High Protein Chocolate Mousse | Side Chef
12. Healthy Chocolate Mousse | Mom Foodie
13. Easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse | The Banana Diaries
14. Strawberry Chocolate Mousse | Tasty
15. Keto Fluffy Chocolate Mousse | The Baking Chocolatess
15 Peanut Butter Low Calorie Mousse Recipes
1. Healthy Peanut Butter Mousse | All Recipes
2. Keto Peanut Butter Mousse | The Big Man’s World
3. Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse | Fit Foodie Finds
4. Sugar Free Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse | Desserts with Benefits
5. Keto Friendly Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse | Simply So Healthy
6. Healthy 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Mousse | My Kids Lick The Bowl
7. Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse | Beauty and the Foodie
8. Peanut Butter Keto Mousse | The Diet Chef
9. High Protein Low Carb Peanut Butter Protein Mousse | Spark Recipes
10. Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mousse | Everyday Short Cuts
11. Peanut Butter and Banana Mousse | Live Love Nourish
12. Peanut Butter Coconut Mousse | Simple Fun Keto
13. 3-Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse | Minimalist Baker
14. Low Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Mousse | Aubrey’s Kitchen
15. Easy Light Peanut Butter Mousse | Amee’s Savoury Dish
15 Fruity Low Calorie Mousse Recipes
1. Protein Fruit Mousse with Yogurt Drops | Fit Food Wizard
2. Super Easy Fruit Mousse | The Tough Cookie
3. Low Calorie Raspberry Mousse | Our Family World
4. Low-Fat Strawberry Mousse | Valerie’s Keepers
5. Tropical Mango Mousse | Eating Well
6. Passionfruit Protein Mousse | Real Healthy Recipes
7. Low Fat Strawberry Mousse (Egg and Dairy Free) | Gourmet Mum
8. Paleo Layered Fruit Mousse | The Fit Cookie
9. Low Fat Mango Chia Mousse | Farmersgirl Kitchen
10. Low Calorie Strawberry Mousse | Sweet Liza
11. Lightweight Mango and Passion Fruit Mousse | Good Housekeeping
12. Orange and Passionfruit Mousse | Under 500 Calories
13. Berry Tofu Mousse | SOS Cuisine
14. Quick & Easy Vegan Mango Mousse | Bianca Zapatka
15. Skinny Meyer Lemon Mousse | Sprinkle Bakes
15 Low Calorie Mousse Recipes for One
1. Sugar Free Keto Cheesecake Mousse | Low Carb Yum
2. Keto Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake Mousse | Easy Low Carb Life
3. Keto Raspberry Jello Mousse | Resolution Eats
4. Weight Watchers Pumpkin Mousse | This Mama Cooks
5. 2-Ingredient Low Calorie Chocolate Mousse | Good to Know
6. Low Fat White Chocolate Mousse | Taste of Home
7. Healthy Gingersnap Pumpkin Mousse | Liz’s Healthy Table
8. Extra Fluffy Keto Chocolate Mousse for One | Gnom Gnom
9. Skinny Chocolate Mocha Mousse | 2 Sisters Recipes
10. Guilt-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse | Living Well Mom
11. Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse | Diabetes Food Hub
12. Healthy Mango Mousse | Weight Watchers
13. Light and Healthy Blueberry Lemon Mousse | Country Cleaver
14. Low Carb Strawberry Mousse | Simply So Healthy
15. Low Carb Vanilla Mousse | My Life Cookbook
Ready to get your mousse on? Try these scrumptious low calorie mousse recipes whether or not you’re making it for a group or dessert for one!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you love this spherical up of low calorie mousse recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for extra low calorie recipes? Make certain to follow our Food and Recipes Board on Pinterest!