Making homemade canine treats may appear intimidating, however it’s one of many best issues you are able to do for your dog’s health. Don’t let your lack of baking skills deter you! Many canine deal with recipes have minimal ingredients and are extraordinarily easy to make. Most ingredients you’ll be capable of finding in your pantry already, and whereas some recipes require an oven, others are no bake or simply want to be popped within the freezer. What your canine eats is important to their health, and homemade canine treats are a nice way to make sure they’re getting vitamins they need! Take a glance at our favorite recipes below, plus why making homemade canine treats is so beneficial for your fur baby!
6 Benefits of Making Homemade Dog Treats
1. Higher Nutrient Value
Homemade dogs treats don’t have any preservatives or additives, so they’ll have a higher nutrient worth than most store-bought treats. You get to decide what goes into your homemade canine treats so that you could make the best decisions for your pup. Fill the treats with wholesome ingredients that will keep their teeth and gums clean, improve their eyesight and hearing, make their coat shiny and aid their digestive system.
2. Homemade is Healthier
Whether it’s pet meals or human food, it will always be extra wholesome if it’s homemade. Many canine treats are full of saturated fat and sugars, whereas with homemade treats the ingredients are managed by you. With homemade treats, you can guarantee your canine is consuming much less fat and sugar, ensuring they’ve a extra wholesome coronary heart and don’t become overweight or suffer from different illnesses.
3. They’re Cheaper
Making your personal canine treats is additionally extra affordable than shopping for all of them the time. You can purchase ingredients in bulk or use ingredients you have already got in your fridge or pantry. With lots of options, from baked to frozen to no-bake canine treats, you have loads of methods to make cheap wholesome snacks for your fur baby!
4. You Can Customize Them
Dog treats are completely customizable to your pup’s dietary wants and preferences. You can work round any dietary points to make sure the treats don’t upset your dog’s stomach. Tailor and adapt recipes to fit your dog, or come up with your personal recipes that keep their wants and preferences top of mind! They’ll really feel nice and also you can really feel good knowing your homemade treats won’t make your canine sick.
5. They Taste Better
Anything homemade is typically tastier, and that goes for canine treats too! The fact that they’re made from common ingredients in your pantry will give them that scrumptious homemade taste. Just give it some thought – would you rather eat homemade cookies or store-bought cookies? Your canine feels the same!
6. Live Longer and Healthier
Feeding your canine a high-quality diet is so important, particularly as they develop older. As dogs age, they become extra susceptible to weight problems and different age-related illnesses. Their meals and treats ought to be low in carbs and sugars to assist them live a long, happy life. Making homemade canine treats is the best way to make sure your treats are healthy. You know precisely what’s going in and can adapt any recipe to fit your dog!
10 Easy Homemade Dog Treats
1. Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats | Fresh April Flours
2. 2-Ingredient Dog Biscuits | The Midnight Baker
3. Simple Dog Biscuits | The Blond Cook
4. Oatmeal Pumpkin Dog Treats | Pook’s Pantry
5. Healthy Homemade Dog Treats | Wholefully
6. Sweet Potato Dog Treats | Lola the Pitty
7. 3-Ingredient Chicken Dog Biscuits | The Midnight Baker
8. Yummy Gummy Bone Broth Treats | The Dog’s Life
9. Pumpkin Carrot Bites | Pawsitively Pets
10. Sweet Potato Banana Dog Biscuits | Girl within the Little Red Kitchen
10 Frozen Homemade Dog Treats
1. Easy Frozen Pup Pops | This Dog’s Life
2. Frozen Watermelon Dog Treats | Gone to the Snow Dogs
3. Pumpkin Blueberry Bacon Pupsicles | Daisy the French Bull Dog
4. Fruity Frosty Hearts | Talent Hounds
5. 3-Ingredient Frozen Dog Treats | Damn Delicious
6. Yogurt and Berries Dog Treats | Bigger Bolder Baking
7. 2-Ingredient Cantaloupe Ice Cream | Rover
8. Watermelon Carrot Pupsicles | Peel with Zeal
9. Frozen Mint Dog Treats | 12Tomatoes
10. Frozen Strawberry and Banana Smoothie Dog Treats | The Cottage Market
10 Peanut Butter Homemade Dog Treats
1. Peanut Butter, Banana and Flax Seed Dog Biscuits | Lola the Pitty
2. 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats | Baking for Friends
3. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Biscuits | Dog Treat Kitchen
4. Peanut Butter Banana Treats | Three Little Ferns
5. Turmeric and Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits | Lola the Pitty
6. Peanut Butter and Bacon Dog Treats | Sally’s Baking Addiction
7. Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies for Dogs | Rover
8. Peanut Butter and Honey Dog Treats | Jen Elizabeth’s Journals
9. Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats | Golden Barrel
10. Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Dog Treats | Parsnips and Pastries
10 No Bake Homemade Dog Treats
1. No Bake Brody Balls | Fit Bottomed Girls
2. No Bake Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Dog Treats | Blue Jean Chef
3. 4-Ingredient No Bake Dog Treats | Delightful Mom Food
4. No Bake Peanut Butter Dog Treats | Damn Delicious
5. No Bake Pumpkin Dog Treats | Sizzling Eats
6. No Bake Peanut Butter and Oat Dog Treats | Cookpad
7. 3-Ingredient No Bake Dog Treats | Sunny Day Family
8. Sweet Potato, Peanut Butter and Oats No Bake Dog Treats | 17 Apart
9. Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Balls | Peanut Butter and Peppers
10. No Bake Dog Treats with Pumpkins and Oats | Keyingredient
10 Soft Homemade Dog Treats
1. Banana Almond Puppy Treats | Pretty Fluffy
2. Pumpkin Spice Puppuccinos | Lola the Pitty
3. Salmon and Sweet Potato “Brownies” | Kol’s Notes
4. Soft Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treats | Sally’s Baking Addiction
5. Soft Pumpkin Dog Treats | Pook’s Pantry
6. Soft Chew Dog Treats | Handmade Weekly
7. Chicken Wild Rice Dog Treats | Lola the Pitty
8. Homemade Soft Dog Treats | She Knows
9. Banana Bread Soft Chew Dog Treats | Proud Dog Mom
10. Carrot and Apple Sauce Chewies | Epicuricloud
Making your personal canine treats is beneficial for so many reasons. Not solely is it easy and affordable, it ensures your canine will live a happy, wholesome life!
Did you love this spherical up of wholesome homemade canine treats? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!