Extremely versatile and filled with nutrients, zucchini has become considerably of a veggie superstar as of late. Its mild flavour pairs well with almost something and it’s tremendous low carb, which makes it a nice ingredient to make use of if you’re looking to maintain a wholesome weight. Zucchini noodles or “zoodles” are a nice low carb alternative to pasta and different noodle dishes, and the veggie tastes nice whether or not it’s crispy, fried, stuffed, raw, and even baked into desserts. Once you embrace all of the creative methods to make use of zucchini, you’ll see the possibilities are endless! Check out our favorite low calorie zucchini recipes below.
What Are The Health Benefits of Zucchini?
1. Can Improve Heart Health
Zucchini is ripe with ultra-healthy compounds called carotenoids, particularly lutein, zeaxanthin and beta carotene. Eating meals wealthy in carotenoids can slow or decrease your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Zucchini’s excessive fibre content material is additionally responsible. Pectin, a soluble fibre present in zucchini, has been discovered to reduce total and “bad” LDL ldl cholesterol levels. Zucchini is additionally excessive in potassium, which can assist reduce hypertension by dilating your blood vessels. Healthier blood pressure is linked to decrease risk of coronary heart illness and stroke.
2. Leads to Healthy Digestion
Zucchini contains a lot of water, which can assist soften stools, making them simpler to pass and reducing your chance of constipation. It additionally contains each soluble and insoluble fibre. Insoluble fibre provides bulk to stools and helps meals transfer through your intestine extra easily, whereas soluble fibre feeds the beneficial micro organism living in your gut. These micro organism produce short-chain fatty acids that nourish your intestine cells.
3. Protects Your Skin
Carotenoids construct up within the pores and skin of zucchini and when we eat them regularly, they construct up in our pores and skin too. That construct up shields our pores and skin from dangerous UV rays and pollution. It additionally may slow pores and skin aging by serving to pores and skin keep hydrated and elastic.
4. Aids in Weight Loss
Zucchini is wealthy in water and has a low calorie density, which can assist make you really feel full. Its fibre content material may additionally reduce starvation and keep you satisfied for longer. Eating zucchini is a nice way to fulfill your urge for food with out extra calories.
4 Tips and Hacks for Cooking with Zucchini
1. Leave the Skin On
Zucchini’s vibrant inexperienced pores and skin is packed with vitamins and wholesome carotenoids. The pores and skin is soft, skinny and simply digestible, so there’s no want to peel it. Just make certain to wash it well earlier than cooking with it.
2. Don’t Overcook It
Zucchini has a tremendous excessive water content material (over 90%), so if you overcook it, the water will seep out and your zucchini will be soggy. Stop cooking it when it’s nonetheless agency and may seem undercooked. Cooking with bigger items can even be useful as they’re harder to overcook. You can additionally try salting your zucchini slices first to attract out a few of the moisture.
3. Try an Elevated Baking Rack
If you crowd zucchini slices too closely on the pan, they’ll find yourself steaming and becoming soggy. Try utilizing an elevated baking rack to assist the air circulate. You can always use two separate sheet pans if you have extra zucchini slices than will match on the pan comfortably. Bake the pans within the higher and decrease third racks of your oven and switch the pans’ place midway through.
4. Use Raw Zucchini for Zoodles
Zucchini noodles, or zoodles, are a wholesome gluten-free alternative to pasta and different noodle dishes. When you cook your zucchini noodles, a lot of the moisture instantly leaks out, which results in watery sauces and soggy zoodles. It additionally results in a lack of vitamins and vitamins. Luckily, zucchini noodles are scrumptious when served raw, so there’s actually no want to cook them. They have a crisp, tender texture and take well to dressings and sauces!
25 Lunch and Dinner Zucchini Recipes
1. Grilled Zucchini Salad | The Mediterranean Dish
2. Creamy Lemon Zucchini Pasta | Bon Appetit
3. Chicken Zucchini Casserole | ifoodreal
4. Golden Turmeric Zucchini Noodle Miso Soup | Love and Lemons
5. Zucchini Scallion Pancakes | Feasting at Home
6. Zucchini Noodles with Chicken, Cilantro and Lime | ifoodreal
7. Mediterranean Grain Bowls | The Mediterranean Dish
8. Creamy Pasta Pomodoro | Love and Lemos
9. No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna | Healthy Recipes
10. Ground Turkey Zucchini Skillet with Pesto | ifoodreal
11. Spiralized Zucchini Vegetable Noodle Soup | Love and Lemons
12. Shrimp Curry Potstickers with Zucchini | Good Housekeeping
13. Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles | ifoodreal
14. Middle Eastern Stuffed Zucchini | The Mediterranean Dish
15. Grilled Vegetable Kebabs | Love and Lemons
16. Shrimp Enchiladas with Zucchini and Corn | Good Housekeeping
17. Spiralized “Rice Noodle” Bowl | Love and Lemons
18. Szechuan Eggplant Stir Fry | Connoisseurus Veg
19. Vegan Zucchini Quesadillas | Feasting at Home
20. Easy Eggplant Basil Stir Fry | Eating Well
21. Grilled Zucchini and Pesto Pizza | Taste of Home
22. Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups | Sweet and Savory Meals
23. Grilled Greek Zucchini Boats | Kristine’s Kitchen
24. Blackened Tilapia with Zucchini Noodles | Taste of Home
25. Vegan Zucchini Chickpea Burgers | The Toasted Pine Nut
25 Snack and Dessert Zucchini Recipes
1. Zucchini Fritters with Feta and Dill | Once Upon a Chef
2. Baked Zucchini with Parmesan and Thyme | The Mediterranean Dish
3. Easy Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips | Table for Two
4. Zucchini Pizza Bites | Damn Delicious
5. Zucchini Tots | All Recipes
6. Parmesan Basil Baked Zucchini Chips | Inspired Taste
7. Baked Zucchini Fries | Damn Delicious
8. Zucchini Corn Fritters | All Recipes
9. Zucchini Bruschetta Bites | Peas and Crayons
10. Healthy Zucchini Wedges | 31 Daily
11. Chocolate Zucchini Bread | Love and Lemons
12. Chocolate Zucchini Muffins | Bake Eat Repeat
13. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies | Two Peas and Their Pod
14. Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips | Love and Lemons
15. Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Coffee Cake | Pinch of Yum
16. Streuseled Zucchini Bundt Cake | Taste of Home
17. Lemon Zucchini Cake | My Baking Addiction
18. Zucchini Walnut Crumble Bars | The View From Great Island
19. Blueberry Zucchini Squares | Taste of Home
20. Zucchini Apple Pie | All Recipes
21. Carrot Zucchini Bread with Cream Cheese Walnut Frosting | From Valerie’s Kitchen
22. Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Quinoa | Hey Nutrition Lady
23. Lemon Frosted Zucchini Cake | Lemons for Lulu
24. Almond Flour Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins | The Toasted Pine Nut
25. Zucchini Crisp | Live Eat Learn
These zucchini recipes will fill your physique with vitamins and assist you maintain a wholesome weight. Use our cooking tricks to get your recipes proper each time!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this spherical up of zucchini recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for extra wholesome recipes? Make certain to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!