Afternoon tea is a British custom dating again to the nineteenth century and is one of many hottest themed events today. Whether for a bridal shower, birthday party or Sunday afternoon with friends, a excessive tea party by no means disappoints. Traditionally, excessive tea is served from mid to late afternoon and includes an assortment of finger sandwiches, scones, cookies and sweets. It’s the perfect way to celebrate any event big or small! Take a glance at our favorite excessive tea recipes and ideas for throwing an epic party!
How to Throw an Epic High Tea Party
1. Offer an Assortment of Teas
Offer an assortment of tea flavours in each looseleaf and tea bag options. Black teas such as English Breakfast and Earl Grey are always popular, however be certain to have caffeine-free, natural teas available as well. Chamomile and Peppermint are always a hit! Accompany the tea choice with cream, milk, sugar and lemon to make sure all of your guests are happy.
2. Create Your Menu
A choice of sunshine bites is simply as important as tea for your excessive tea party! Put collectively a menu of finger sandwiches, scones, sweets and simply about something bite-sized. We’ve rounded up a choice of excessive tea recipes below to encourage you!
3. Decorate Accordingly
For a excessive tea party, your desk would be the star of the show. Make sure it’s laid out with clear linens and your most particular cutlery, plates, glasses and bowls. You’ll want to have your teapot, teacups, saucers and spoons out and set your small bites up on a tiered cake stand. Flowers are a nice way so as to add a contact of elegance to your excessive tea party.
4. Set the Dress Code
For a truly epic excessive tea party, set the dress code to “semi-formal” or “garden party”and encourage your guests to dress in bright colours, fairly dresses and florals. And of course, fascinator hats and assertion gloves would be a nice addition.
5 High Tea Party Essentials to Invest In
1. Stovetop Tea Kettle
This ROCKURWOK Tea Kettle is available in three different colors and it’s perfect for an aesthetic excessive tea party. It’s made with excessive high quality stainless metal and a solid wooden deal with and lid so that you can seize and pour it with out worrying about burns. All your guests are certain to like it!
2. Electric Tea Kettle
Another option for boiling your water is an electrical kettle. These have a tendency to be taller and can match extra water, so relying on the size of your party, could also be extra appropriate for your needs. The COSORI Kettle boils water in three to 7 minutes so that you don’t have to attend lengthy for refills.
Once your water is boiled you’ll want a teapot to steep your tea. This “royal” ceramic teapot is ideal for a excessive tea party! It is available in 6 different colors and was designed with the British royal style in mind. It’s equipped with a deep stainless metal infuser and has good warmth preservation to maintain your tea warmth and improve the taste.
4. Teacup and Saucer Set
Pretty teacups and saucers are a should for a excessive tea party. This porcelain floral tea set options gold trim and is ideal for combine and match. The cups and saucers are dishwasher safe so they’re easy to wash post-tea party.
5. Tiered Cake Stand
Along with tea, of course your excessive tea party will have food. Small bites are typical for excessive tea, whether or not it’s finger sandwiches, scones or shortbread cookies. A tiered cake stand is a really royal way to serve your scrumptious bites. This one options sturdy porcelain, a glittering gold trim and a pumpkin formed style design that simply screams excessive tea.
40 High Tea Recipes to Inspire You
1. Cucumber Sandwiches | Spend With Pennies
2. Lemon Glazed Earl Grey Scones | The Food Blog
3. Easy Bacon Cheddar Egg Bites | Kay’s Clean Eats
4. Easy Ham and Cheese Tea Sandwiches | Oh How Civilized
5. The Perfect Cup of British Style Tea | Food
6. Almond Scones with Cinnamon and Vanilla | The Spruce Eats
7. Shortbread Cookies | Preppy Kitchen
8. Mini Lemon Blueberry Cheesecakes | Live Well Bake Often
9. Mini Lemon Meringue Pies | Delicious
10. Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches | Momsdish
11. Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches | Oh How Civilized
12. Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies | Sugar and Soul
13. Berry Tartlets | Taste of Home
14. Lemon Drizzle Scones with Lemon Curd | Delicious
15. English Tea Sandwiches | Preppy Kitchen
16. Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust | Sally’s Baking Recipes
17. Mini Cinnamon Rolls | Wood and Spoon
18. Salmon and Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches | The Spruce Eats
19. Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips | Inspired Taste
20. Cucumber Avocado Tea Sandwiches with Dill and Mint | Post Punk Kitchen
21. Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies with Lemon Glaze | Kitchen Konfidence
22. Cucumber and Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches | Taste of Home
23. Gluten Free Rose and Pistachio Cake | Delicious
24. Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches | You Betcha Can Make This
25. Glazed Lemon Drop Cookies | Barefeet within the Kitchen
26. Mini Chicken Pot Pies | Sugar Salt Magic
27. Mini Lemon Raspberry Cakes | Taste
28. Mini Pink Lemon Baked Donuts | The Missing Lokness
29. Tuna Salad Tea Sandwiches | Eat Smarter
30. Classic Devilled Eggs | NYT Cooking
31. Smoked Salmon Wraps | All Recipes
32. Lemon Cranberry Scones with Lemon Glaze | Food Network
33. Almond Biscotti | Taste of Home
34. Cheese and Onion Scones | Australia’s Best Recipes
35. French Macarons | Sally’s Baking Recipes
36. Lavender Tea Bread | All Recipes
37. Mini Pecan Pies | Food Network
38. Nutty Chicken Sandwiches | Australia’s Best Recipes
39. Dulce de Leche Caramel Tarts | Rock Recipes
40. Easy London Fog | Oh How Civilized
An afternoon excessive tea party is such a particular and elegant way to celebrate any occasion. Use our ideas and recipes to throw an elegant excessive tea soirée your guests will love!
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this spherical up of excessive tea recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for extra nice recipe ideas? Make certain to follow our Food and Recipes Board on Pinterest!