When fall comes around, it’s time to switch out bike shorts with trousers, daisies with candles and summer dishes with harvest salads. Adding a harvest salad to your nightly menu ensures you reap a ton of well being advantages with a scrumptious medley of ingredients. Full of fall-forward meals like crunchy kale, crispy apples, velvety squash and candy dried cranberries, harvest salads are perfect to cozy up with this season. Serve them as a hearty side dish or filling main meal that’s certain to please. Check out these divine harvest salad recipes to try this fall.
What is a Harvest Salad?
A harvest salad is loaded with fall’s favorite flavours, like roasted butternut squash, apple, kale, dried figs, pomegranates, pecans and goat cheese. Finished with dressings containing ingredients like honey dijon, maple syrup, tahini and balsamic vinegar, harvest salads are hearty, comforting and completely filling for lunch or dinner. While spring and summer salads are bright and fresh, fall harvest salads are earthy, crisp and indulgent. They can be paired alongside your favorite seasonal mains, or can stand on their very personal with a hefty dose of protein.
5 Tips to Make a Harvest Salad Healthier
1. Swap Lettuce with Kale
While common lettuce is typical for spring and summer salads, swap to kale come fall. It pairs well with seasonal fruits and veggies like candy potato, apples and figs, plus it’s loaded with nutrients. Kale is wealthy in nutritional vitamins A, C and K and is wealthy in antioxidants. It’s additionally a good supply of calcium, magnesium and potassium, minerals that most individuals don’t get sufficient of.
2. Add Protein
Harvest salads, with their nutritious ingredients and hearty dressings are already fairly healthy, however including a supply of protein is always a good idea. From chicken breast, to turkey, salmon, beans or chickpeas, protein helps boost your metabolism, fuels your energy and will increase your emotions of fullness. Add it to your salad to maintain you satisfied!
3. Create a Grain Base
Grains work tremendous well in harvest salads since they’re good and hearty. Adding whole grains to your salad is a satisfying way to really feel full for longer, as they’re naturally excessive in fibre. Quinoa, barley and wild rice are whole grains that would make an excellent addition to your harvest salads.
4. Sprinkle on Nuts and/or Seeds
Nuts like almonds, pistachios, pecans and walnuts are the perfect addition to your harvest salad and they’re ripe with well being benefits. They’re an excellent supply of wholesome fat, wealthy in antioxidants and excessive in fibre. Have a nut allergy? Swap nuts with seeds like pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Sprinkle them on to your salad on the finish for a well-rounded and tasty meal.
5. Use Healthier Cheeses
Cheese and salad make a lot sense together. Adding cheese can actually balance the flavour of your salad and boost the protein and calcium content, however the incorrect cheese can skyrocket energy and saturated fat. Luckily there are a variety of extra wholesome cheeses that work well in harvest salads. Mozzarella, goat cheese and blue cheese are all wonderful options. Avoid processed cheeses in any respect costs!
40 Harvest Salad Recipes
1. Fall Harvest Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette | As Easy As Apply Pie
2. Butternut Squash Panzanella Salad | Taste of Home
3. Tuscan Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad | Epicurious
4. Butternut Squash, Pomegranate and Goat Cheese Salad | Love and Lemons
5. Turkey Waldorf Salad | NY Times Cooking
6. Roasted Apple Salad with Spicy Maple-Cider Vinaigrette | Taste of Home
7. Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Apple and Arugula | Love and Lemons
8. Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad | Minimalist Baker
9. Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad with Cranberries | Well Plated
10. Mixed Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette | Taste of Home
11. Pear, Date and Walnut Salad with Blue Cheese | Cookie and Kate
12. Fall Panzanella Salad with Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and Multigrain Bread | Lasing Ingredient
13. Harvest Salad with Pears and Pomegranate | Delightful E Made
14. Roasted Butternut Tossed Salad | Taste of Home
15. Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Walnuts and Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette | Once Upon a Chef
16. Fall Harvest Salad | Foolproof Living
17. Harvest Salad with Honey Crisp Apples | Erin Lives Whole
18. Kale, Brussels Sprout and Pomegranate Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing | Running on Real Food
19. Sweet and Salty Fall Harvest Salad | Smells Like Home
20. Fall Harvest Salad with Butternut Squash and Apple | Ahead of Thyme
21. Brussels Sprout and Butternut Squash Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette | Entertaining with Beth
22. Harvest Salad with Miso-Maple Roasted Butternut Squash | Simply Recipes
23. Mexican Harvest Salad | Clean Eating
24. The Ultimate Healthy Harvest Salad | Rachl Mansfield
25. Chicken and Apple Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette | The Recipe Critic
26. Turkey Salad with Goat Cheese and Cranberries | Randa Nutrition
27. Roasted Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette | Taste of Home
28. Harvest Potato Salad with Squash and Kale | Produce Made Simple
29. Cranberry Apple Quinoa Salad | Recipe Runner
30. Turkey and Apple Arugula Salad in a Jar | Taste of Home
31. Wild Rice Salad with Orange Vinaigrette | Detoxinista
32. Super Green Grain Salad with Walnut Dressing | Dishing Out Health
33. Beet and Wheat Berry Salad with Pickled Apples and Pecans | Serious Eats
34. Arugula and Wild Rice Salad | Cookie and Kate
35. Harvest Salad with Grapes, Squash and Maple Apple Cider Vinaigrette | Milk and Honey Nutrition
36. Crisp Zucchini and Beet Salad with Curry Vinaigrette | Canadian Living
37. Apple Pomegranate Harvest Salad | A Simple Palate
38. Chicken and Strawberry Harvest Salad | One Sweet Appetite
39. Nourishing Fall Harvest Salad | Shayna’s Kitchen
40. Salmon Kale Salad with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette | Wholesome Yum
Harvest salads are stars of the autumn season. Eat them on their very personal or use them as a side to your favorite meal for a wholesome addition.
This post contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this spherical up of harvest salad recipes? We’d love it if you shared this post on Pinterest!
Looking for extra wholesome recipes? Make certain to follow our Food Board on Pinterest!