Protein ice cream has taken over grocery retailer cabinets and become a popular, wholesome alternative to the conventional ice cream we all know and love. Packed with protein, the frozen deal with is useful in muscle restoration and overall health. However, these small ice cream containers include a hefty price tag. Enter homemade protein ice cream recipes you could make from the consolation of your kitchen. They’re simply as healthy, if not more, because you management what goes into them. Take a glance at our favorite recipes to make for a guilt-free treat!
What is “Protein Ice Cream”?
Protein ice cream is a healthy, low calorie ice cream alternative that tastes like your favorite frosty dessert, however is excessive in protein and offers different well being benefits. It’s tremendous easy to make at home, with solely a few ingredients required. Most recipes use protein powder, a milk base (dairy or dairy free), frozen bananas and perhaps a few additional ingredients. Making homemade protein ice cream places you in management of the ingredients, permitting you to customise for flavour preferences and meals sensitivities. Protein ice cream is considerably decrease in energy than conventional ice cream, containing decrease than half the quantity of the common ice cream. If you’re conscious about weight management, protein ice cream is a nice guilt-free deal with to substitute for your favorite excessive calorie sweets.
What Kind of Protein Powder Should I Use?
Using a whey + casein mix protein powder will make your ice cream thick and creamy. You could make it with whey protein powder alone, however the casein is what gives it the indulgent texture. You can additionally use a protein powder with collagen peptides if you’re looking to improve your hair, skin, nails and joints. If you’re vegan or dairy-free, go for a plant-based protein powder, such because the Orgain Organic Protein Powder made with pea, brown rice and chia seeds.
How to Make Homemade Protein Ice Cream
1. Start with a Milk Base
You’ll want a milk base for your protein ice cream recipes. Many protein ice cream recipes are literally dairy-free and name for almond milk, cashew milk or coconut milk as their base. Full fats coconut milk will give your ice cream an extremely creamy and smooth texture. It helps make your protein ice cream scoopable so that you can enjoy it simply like the actual thing.
2. Frozen Bananas
Frozen bananas are sometimes utilized in protein ice cream recipes. They become creamy when frozen and blended and add a pure sweetness to your dish. They make an superior wholesome ice cream base and banana mixes well with so many different flavours.
3. Add Your Protein
Now, you’ll want so as to add your protein powder of choice. You can use flavoured protein powder if you wish, to improve a particular flavour, such as chocolate or vanilla. Protein powder is what gives protein ice cream its added well being benefits. It helps you keep full and satisfied for longer, enhances your immune system and is beneficial for heart, mind and pores and skin function. It additionally enhances muscle growth and repair, so is ideal as a pre or post-workout snack.
4. Customize Flavour
The nice factor about making homemade protein ice cream is that you can completely customise it to your flavour preferences. Whether you want vanilla, chocolate, peppermint, cookies and cream or strawberry, you could make the perfect ice cream for you. Plus you can add different fruits and berries so as to add the style and well being benefits.
5. Combine All Ingredients in a Food Processor
If utilizing frozen bananas, instantly add them to the meals processor when you take them out of the freezer. The ice cream won’t work if the bananas aren’t frozen, so that is key. Add the opposite ingredients and mix till smooth. You may want to scrape the sides a few times earlier than you ice cream is ready.
6. Add Texture
If you want so as to add texture to your protein ice cream, top it with chocolate chunks, nuts, coconut flakes, sprinkles, fruit pieces, or any different toppings you desire. You can by no means go wrong giving your ice cream an additional little bit of crunch!
10 Easy Homemade Protein Ice Cream Recipes
1. Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream | Secretly Healthy Home
2. Peppermint Protein Ice Cream | Oxygen Mag
3. Chocolate & Vanilla Protein Ice Cream | The Protein Chef
4. Chocolate Banana Protein Ice Cream | Jennifer Meyering
5. 30-Second Protein Ice Cream | My Protein
6. Banana Berry Protein Ice Cream | Protein Pow
7. Healthy Vanilla Protein Ice Cream | Desserts with Benefits
8. Apricot Protein Ice Cream | Protein Pow
9. Banana Protein Ice Cream | Healthy Substitute
10. Banana Almond Protein Ice Cream | Protein Pow
10 Dairy Free Homemade Protein Ice Cream Recipes
1. Vegan Vanilla Protein Ice Cream | The Big Man’s World
2. Chocolate Banana Protein Ice Cream | Fit Foodie Finds
3. Dairy Free Ice Cream (2 Ways) | Eating Bird Food
4. Chocolate Dairy Free Protein Ice Cream | Fitnessista
5. Turmeric Pina Colada Protein Ice Cream | Mipstick
6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Ice Cream | Nutritionist Reviews
7. Keto Chocolate Protein Ice Cream | Wholesome Yum
8. Chocolate Chip Banana Protein Ice Cream | Veggie Balance
9. Cookies and Cream Protein Ice Cream | Healthy Fitness Meals
10. Protein Packed Strawberry Ice Cream | Mugs for Muscles
10 Vegan Homemade Protein Ice Cream Recipes
1. Vegan Chinky Monkey Protein Ice Cream | The Baking Fairy
2. Banana Cashew Protein Powder | Protein Pow
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Ice Cream | Secretly Healthy Home
4. 3-Ingredient Vegan Protein Ice Cream | Healthy Helper
5. Vegan Strawberry Protein Ice Cream | Alt Protein
6. Vegan Banana Protein Ice Cream | VegFAQs
7. Chunky Monkey Protein Ice Cream | Bites of Wellness
8. Coconut Chocolate Protein Ice Cream | Happy Way
9. 3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Protein Ice Cream | The Daily Meal
10. Vegan Turmeric Protein Ice Cream | Eat or Drink
Protein ice cream has modified the dessert game, providing a wholesome alternative to everyone’s favorite chilly and decadent treat. Try out these homemade recipes for a protein-rich spin on conventional ice cream.