At the finish of 2023, I was feeling anxious and losing sleep. It became almost impossible to disconnect from work and mother mode at night. (And the ability to unwind is such an important a half of self-care!)
I knew that my computer and phone were the main culprits.
So, I made a few small changes. They’ve made a surprisingly massive impact on my psychological health!
- My hubby and I began placing our telephones within the cupboard from 5-8pm as a 30 day challenge.
- I moved my desk out of my bedroom. And covered our tv too. Now, the room tells me it’s time for sleep rather than “what about one extra thing?”
- I tried the Freedom App. And it has been a game changer for my email addiction. I block the “distraction” web sites within the morning and all web sites from that 5-8pm time slot.
Social media wasn’t a particular goal for me, however it’s for many. If it’s time to step away, check out our article on the social media detox challenge. (The science and advantages are astounding!)
Now, what are you able to do rather than obsessively checking your screens?
- Take a nature walk
- Have a coffee, tea, or wine date with your partner
- Read an inspiring book to the kids in your life
What will you do with your extra time? Reply and let me know!
Peace and love,
P.S. I can’t overstate how a lot screen boundaries have impacted the way I feel. And improved my focus too. Give it a try and see what you think!
“I discover it refreshing to unplug from it for a while. You kind of forget how deeply you get embedded in it.” – Will Wright