Dallas is a big metropolis with a BIG personality. You’ll really feel the energy as quickly as you arrive.
There’s no scarcity of issues to do, with actions that will please kids and adults alike.
If you’ve been thinking about taking a go to to this metropolis wealthy in cowboy culture, you’re within the proper place. We’ve put collectively a list of our 20 favourite issues to do with kids in Dallas, collectively with 6 nice locations to buy and eat.
Overall, the metropolis is not that costly to visit, with meals and lodging being about half of what you would expect to pay in a big city. There is additionally a nice choice of Airbnb’s.
Navigating the metropolis is pretty easy by car, so a rental car is always a good choice. You can additionally select to get round on foot or by utilizing DART with its mixture of buses and rails.
What to Pack
What to pack relies upon on when you go.
Springtime means nice temperatures however additionally heavy rains so bring comfortable layers in addition to rain gear. Summertime is past hot, so pack breathable materials collectively with swimwear and loads of sunscreen. Fall tends to have the best weather, however you’ll need to put together your self for something from a burst of warmth to a rainstorm. Winters are pretty chilly, so be certain to pack warmth layers as there’s always an alternative for rain or snow.
Whenever you decide to travel, make certain to pack comfy strolling shoes, refillable water bottles, a daypack, and a light jacket.
6 Kid-Friendly Places to Shop & Eat
- Wild Bill’s Western Store – Shop for genuine western attire and equipment and become a cowboy from head to toe. Kids will love trying on cowboy hats and boots, leather-based belts, and bolo ties.
- Dallas Farmers Market – This colourful market is open seven days a week, all year round, and has been in operation for greater than eighty years. Nestled within the coronary heart of Dallas, it offers farm-fresh eggs, seasonal fruits and veggies, pasture-raised meats, and artisanal meals vendors.
- Trinity Groves – This spot is ideal for all sorts of appetites. You can discover Texan staples collectively with meals choices from throughout the world. Chow down on some well-known Texas barbecue in addition to TexMex favorites.
- Celebration Restaurant – This farm-to-table restaurant is all about home cooking. Open for greater than 50 years, you can eat on their gorgeous patio or in a cozy booth. Serving sizes are generous, and also you don’t need to leave with out trying their banana pudding!
- The Truck Yard – This come-as-you-are spot has a little one thing for everyone, collectively with tacos, burgers, cheesesteaks, and more, relying on what meals trucks are there that day. Kids have space to run round within the huge yard and there is live music and drinks for the adults.
- Froggie’s 5 & 10 – Froggie’s is by far one of many best toy shops in Dallas. The choice will appeal to each kids and adults, with loads of choices from nostalgic to simply plain weird. Your inner child will jump for joy!
20 Things To Do with Kids in Dallas
This list of 20 issues to do with kids in Dallas is assured to maintain you busy with everything from gardens and outdoor areas to museums and nature centers.
- Dallas World Aquarium – Aquariums are always a child favorite, and this one doesn’t disappoint. Surround your self with colourful fish, go to endangered animals simply like the Orinoco crocodiles and two-toed sloth, or discover the Cloud Forest Trek.
- Klyde Warren Park – You’ll by no means run out of issues to do at this 5.2 acre greenspace. Check their calendar to see what’s going on on any given day – from video games and train classes to outdoor movies. Kids will love the Children’s Park and Imagination Playground. You can additionally seize a bite to eat at one of many meals trucks surrounding the park.
- White Rock Lake – Experience nature and wildlife in an metropolis setting. Walk or bike the nearly 10 mile lengthy strolling path surrounding the lake, enjoy a picnic lunch, or rent a ship or kayak and get out on the water.
- Play Street Museum – This spot is solely for the littles with an indoor play area, educational activities, and a kid-friendly museum. Kids will get a kick out of a world that has been shrunk down to their size the place they are often free to discover and get creative.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science – There’s one thing for everybody at this hands-on museum, from stargazing and fossils to geology and engineering. Explore the Moody Family Children’s Museum, expertise the energy of an earthquake, or watch a film in 3D.
- Reunion Tower – Feel like you’re on top of the world 470 feet above the bottom at this iconic Dallas landmark. Take in breathtaking 360 diploma views of the Dallas-Fort Worth space on the Geo-Deck and enjoy actions solely for households all year round.
- McKinney Avenue Trolley – Take a ride on a classic street car through Dallas’ vibrant uptown neighborhood. Each one of many seven historic trolleys has enjoyable names like Matilda, Rosie, and Petunia. Best of all, the rides are free!
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden – Explore over 20 different gardens and participate in thrilling actions year round. Enjoy puppet shows and science classes on the Children’s Adventure Garden, have a picnic in Pecan Grove, or meander waterways and flower gardens in Magnolia Glade.
- Dallas Zoo – The oldest and largest zoo in Texas is home to over 2,000 animals. Take a ride on the carousel or the T-Rex Express Mini-Train, feed the giraffes, or get up shut and private with a number of animals on the Wild Encounters Stage.
- Trinity Forest Adventure Park – If your loved ones includes thrill seekers that like to climb, this 7-acre park is certain to please. New and skilled climbers alike can discover zip lines, cargo nets, wobble bridges, and ropes courses. There’s even a Little’s Course for climbers four and up.
- Dallas Children’s Theater – Take in a Broadway-like play and be entertained with histories, biographies, and magical tales at this comfortable, ethereal theater. Kids will be impressed to discover literature and the performing arts with shows that promote integrity and social values.
- Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark – Just 20 minutes outside of Dallas, this waterpark is the largest in Texas. Float on the lazy river, slide down one of eleven massive water slides, or splash within the wave pool. Little ones will love the geysers, splash pads, and water slides on a smaller scale.
- Cedar Ridge Reserve – This park focuses on preserving nature and defending its native plants and wildlife. Pack a picnic lunch and drive simply 20 minutes outside of Dallas, the place you’ll uncover wildflowers, native trees, butterfly gardens, and loads of native wildlife.
- Medieval Times – Cheer on the knights whereas you enjoy a present full of jousting, falconry, sword fights, and hand-to-hand combat. Take half in a four-course meal whereas you are taken again to a time of kings, queens, and courageous knights.
- Texas Horse Park – What higher way to really feel like a real Texan than by exploring tree-lined trails and pastures on the again of a horse. Those 9 and up can ride through the Trinity Forest whereas taking within the sights and sounds of nature. Younger ones can enjoy horse riding classes and pony rides.
- Dallas Museum of Art – One of the largest artwork museums within the U.S., it homes greater than 25,000 items from Texas to factors throughout the world. Little kids will love Arturo’s Nest the place they can crawl, climb, and discover art. And the entire household can benefit from the Center of Creative Connections and the Sculpture Garden. Best of all, admission is free.
- Crayola Experience – Worth the drive, this colourful space located in Plano will keep your art-loving kids entertained for the higher a half of a day. Melt and mold crayons, design your very personal crayon label, learn how crayons are made, or climb the giant play structure.
- National Videogame Museum – Video game lovers will enjoy studying all about the online game industry’s wealthy history. Explore tons of online game memorabilia, collectively with the world’s biggest Pong game. Best of all, you can get in on the enjoyable by going face to face on a few of your favourite video games like Donkey Kong or Space Invaders.
- Texas Discovery Gardens & Butterfly House – Explore over seven acres of native gardens collectively with an amazing butterfly home the place you can work together with hundreds of various butterflies. The snake sanctuary permits you to get up shut with each venomous and non-venomous snakes. You can additionally take a ride on one of three different trains.
- Frontiers of Flight Museum – Explore galleries and shows collectively with over 30 plane and space vehicles simply like the Apollo 7, the Flying Pancake, and the Wright Flier. It’s the perfect place for anybody that loves STEM with the chance to learn about aerodynamics, spacecraft design, and space survival.
Everything is bigger in Texas – and Dallas is no exception. You’ll by no means be bored with this list of 26 locations to shop, eat, and play.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved this list of issues to do with kids in Dallas, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for extra kids activities, please follow our Kids Activities board!