Known because the gateway to the Pacific Rim, Vancouver is a perfect spot to enjoy beautiful mountains, world-class attractions, and nice weather. If your loved ones likes to discover nature, you couldn’t pick a greater spot, with waterways, beaches, hiking spots, and beautiful parks nearly everywhere you look.
Vancouver is sort of a playground, with hundreds of actions each indoors and out. It’s not hard to discover enjoyable issues to do as a household – particularly with our list of 21 issues to do with kids in Vancouver!
- The exchange rate in Vancouver is fairly favorable, so you’ll get extra for your money, wherever you could additionally be touring from. If you’re touring from the United States, you’ll discover that many shops and attractions will settle for U.S currency.
- Public transportation is easy to navigate, and is the most extensive in Canada. You can journey to nearly any attraction, so a car isn’t necessary. If you’re staying inside the downtown area, your transportation choices are even greater. Visit the Translink web site to learn extra about the SeaBus ferry, SkyTrain, and bus lines. If you prefer utilizing a rideshare, Vancouver offers services from each Uber and Lyft.
- If you’re hoping to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights, you’ll need to plan your journey all through the winter months, from December through March. The lights are sometimes so bright that they are sometimes seen from the city, regardless of the sunshine pollution.
- For the best journey deals, keep away from Summer when tourism is at its peak. Instead, go to in Spring or Fall when the climate is nonetheless optimum and the hotel charges are low.
What to Pack
- Summertime offers the best climate by far. The common Summer temperature is round 70 levels Fahrenheit. Pack light layers and loads of sunscreen.
- Rainy climate stretches throughout three seasons, from Fall to Spring. So be certain to pack umbrellas or ponchos in case you’re caught out inside the rain.
- The downtown space is very compact, which makes it easy for walking. Pack comfy shoes that are climate appropriate. If you have younger kids, be certain to bring alongside a light-weight stroller or child carrier to make strolling even easier.
- Wintertime is a good time for these that need to enjoy Winter sports. Average temperatures are low, inside the 30s and 40s. You’ll need to pack heat layers together with rain gear as showers are frequent.
5 Kid-Approved Places to Shop & Eat
- Robson Street – Visit this popular shopping and eating spot which offers loads of family-friendly restaurants. You can enjoy fresh seafood year spherical or uncover new flavors at one of many many meals trucks. The Outdoor Summer Market has native distributors and live entertainment.
- Gastown – This neighborhood is known for its artwork galleries, memento shops, decor stores, and beautiful Victorian buildings. Indulge in native seafood and gourmet sandwiches. You don’t need to overlook the Whistling Steam Clock. Kids will like to watch the dramatic steam release. Walk the cobblestone streets and cease into distinctive boutiques and artwork galleries.
- Granville Island – This epic public market is packed with loads of choices for food, shopping, and activities. There’s additionally a kids market with greater than 25 shops which cater particularly to kids and families, making it a nice spot to buy and eat. Grab some fresh fruit and veggies, yummy baked goods, artisanal cheeses, or candies and chocolates. During the summer months, you can benefit from the free sprinkler park, playground, and water slide.
- Chinatown – This vibrant and historic neighborhood is the oldest Chinatown in Canada. There are loads of markets and eating places to decide on from. Enjoy beautiful buildings, eclectic shops, and trendy eateries.
- Richmond Night Market – Take a 15-minute SkyTrain ride to a food-lover’s paradise. It takes place on weekends all through the Summer months. This colourful Asian night market has live leisure and over 100 different meals stalls. Kids of all ages will love the performers and carnival rides.
16 Things To Do with Kids in Vancouver
- Stanley Park – This isn’t your common park. Larger than Central Park in New York City, it’s the perfect spot for a day trip. Explore 1000 acres of ancient forests, take in beautiful beaches, or bike alongside the seawall which offers views of the city, the mountains, and of course, the sea.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park – This iconic attraction is 450 feet lengthy and hangs 230 above the beautiful Capilano River. There is no finish to the enjoyable you can have, together with the Treetops Adventure, Cliffwalk, The Living Forest, and the Birds of Raptors Ridge. Cap Kids offers storytimes and interactive programs solely for the little ones.
- Vancouver Aquarium – Located inside Stanley Park, this aquarium options greater than 50,000 different sea creatures native to the space together with walruses, sharks, and penguins. Kids will love watching jellyfish and sea otters and getting hands-on on the contact pool.
- Grouse Mountain – This incredible resort offers actions year round, and just about all of them are included with your ticket! Soar excessive on the Skyride, fly down the zipline, problem your self on the ropes course, take inside the world-famous lumberjack show, or get up shut and private with their resident Grizzly bears.
- Aquabus – This colourful ferry offers sweeping views of the Vancouver skyline. It’s a fantastic (and fun!) way to get throughout the city. Hop off the ferry at one of eight different stops. It’s tremendous affordable, and also you by no means have to attend too lengthy to catch a ride.
- Sunset Beach – Less populated than different native beaches, this spot offers a quiet place to soak inside the sun. Play on the sandy beach, stroll alongside the Seawall, or cool off with a swim all through the Summer. If you keep late enough, you can take in a spectacular sunset.
- Vancouver Lookout – There’s no higher place to take in 360 diploma views of the metropolis than from this observation deck. Take a thrilling ride inside the glass elevator which lifts you 550 feet above the ground. The tower is particularly beautiful when it’s all lit up for the holidays.
- Vancouver Maritime Museum – This family-friendly museum is devoted to sharing tales and the maritime historic past of the Pacific Northwest and the Arctic. Your kids will love exploring exhibits and artifacts, together with actual ships! Be certain to check their calendar earlier than visiting to discover out about any occasions that could additionally be happening.
- Playland Amusement Park – This amusement park opens in May and stays open till Labor Day. The whole household will love the thrilling rides and carnival games, together with Canada’s oldest wooden curler coaster. Every summer is different with a number of attractions and live entertainment.
- Queen Elizabeth Park – Explore 130 acres of park land located on top of Little Mountain. It’s the perfect spot for flower enthusiasts or anybody that likes to take inside the magnificence of nature. Roam the grounds, go to an indoor tropical backyard on the Bloedel Conservatory, or problem your self to a game of backyard bowling.
- VanDusen Botanical Gardens – These stunning gardens offer greater than 7500 different plant species unfold throughout fifty five acres. Discover distinctive sculptures or get misplaced exploring the hedge maze. Tours can be discovered year round, and through the Christmas season you can take inside the Festival of Lights.
- Whale Watching Tours – There is no scarcity of companies providing whale watching tours. Your whole household can catch a glimpse of all of the sealife Vancouver has to offer, together with whales, seals, and dolphins.
- Science World – Your kids won’t ever get bored with all of the shows and interactive actions to explore. See a film on the Omnimax Theatre, toss balls into the multi-level water feature, or climb inside the play areas. Little ones will love the Wonder Gallery with soft crawling spaces, a lab truck, and a tall rope-climbing structure.
- Museum of Anthropology at UBC – This museum is discovered proper on the University of British Columbia campus. There is indigenous artwork in addition to artwork from throughout the world on display. Learn about different cultures, discover totem poles inside the Great Hall, or enjoy a narrative time.
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden – Take your kids to this backyard to discover amazing plant life, historic objects, and even some legendary creatures! The best way to view the gardens is thru a guided tour. Many occasions occur right here all through the year, so be certain to check their calendar.
- National Hockey League’s Vancouver Canucks – No one is extra serious about hockey than Canadians. If you plan on taking in a game whereas you’re in town, you’ll need to buy your tickets forward of time, as they will most likely promote out. If you forgot to buy tickets however nonetheless need to enjoy a hockey match, you’re assured to discover the sport playing on a big screen at a native restaurant or sports activities bar.
This coastal metropolis offers so many thrilling options, you’re assured to discover one thing for everyone.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you discovered this list of issues to do with kids in Vancouver helpful, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for extra kids activities, please follow our Kids Activities board!