Los Angeles isn’t simply glitz, glamour, and film stars. In fact, it’s a vibrant metropolis with distinctive attractions, a enjoyable beach culture, diverse neighborhoods, and incredible pure beauty.
We’re right here to share a few of the locations that make a go to to Los Angeles so special.
Get began planning your journey with this list of 15 issues to do with kids in Los Angeles collectively with 5 must-stay hotels and 5 distinctive spots to buy and eat!
- L.A. means traffic, and lots of it. So you’ll always need to permit loads of time to get the place you’re going. And loads of patience. Try and plan your days to permit for actions that are near each other to maintain touring time down to a minimum.
- Most hotels offer shuttle service to popular sights and attractions, so take benefit of them when you can.
- There is a lot to do in and round Los Angeles that you won’t be able to see all of it in a single trip. Allow your self to discover at a slower tempo to have the ability to take all of it in and keep away from feeling overwhelmed.
5 Unique Spots to Shop & Eat in Los Angeles
Even although Los Angeles has a wealth of locations to eat and shop, what makes a go to memorable are the distinctive spots. That’s why we’ve put collectively 5 of our favorites.
- The Last Bookstore – If you have book lovers in your family, The Last Bookstore is a should see. You can browse through new and used books, records, and comedian books. There are 5 artwork studios, a massive yarn shop, distinctive book sculptures collectively with a tunnel made out of books, and even a mammoth head!
- Randy’s Donuts – Looking for one thing sweet? Search no further. A 32-foot tall donut sits on the roof of this world-famous spot. Grab some scrumptious donuts then head outside to take some memorable selfies.
- Grand Central Market – This cool spot is the perfect place to eat and wander. It options distributors providing scrumptious native and worldwide cuisine. And throughout the road, through a bright orange archway, you can take a ride on the Angels Flight Railway, the world’s shortest railway that’s over 100 years old.
- The Time Travel Mart – This enjoyable retail store will not disappoint. Find distinctive souvenirs from all different time periods. Kids and adults will have enjoyable exploring dinosaur eggs, floaty pens, postcards and bumper stickers, games, posters, small toys, and a lot more.
- Pink’s Hot Dogs – This hot canine spot is a Hollywood legend. What began as a hot canine stand again in 1939, is now a bustling L.A. restaurant that includes a seemingly never-ending menu of hot dogs with distinctive and scrumptious toppings.
5 Must-Stay Hotels in and Around Los Angeles
We’ve got you covered with a list of 5 must-stay hotels:
- The Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza – Located proper in downtown L.A., this hotel is solely a taxi or shuttle ride away from the best sights. There are loads of kid-friendly eating options, and they’ll obtain their very personal welcome gifts at check in. Splash within the heated outdoor pool and keep away from wasting cash by prepping meals within the in-room kitchens.
- The Magic Castle Hotel – Looking for one thing enjoyable and quirky? This hotel fits the bill. One and two-bedroom suites feature full kitchens. You can splash within the heated pool, discover the gift store for enjoyable magic-related items, or pick up the pool’s red phone and name the “Popsicle Hotline” to have free popsicles introduced proper to you.
- The Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles – This hotel chain is known for catering to kids. They have loads of family-friendly facilities collectively with room choices that include a kitchen, a rooftop pool, complimentary cookies, board video games and game consoles, and better of all – kids keep free!
- The Courtyard Los Angeles – This hotel is simply accessible. It’s near the airport and offers a shuttle service to close by attractions. There’s kid-friendly dining, a heated rooftop pool, and an onsite gym. Suites can be found to maintain bigger households comfortable.
- The Hotel Casa del Mar – If you’ve been dreaming of staying on the beach, this hotel doesn’t disappoint. Located proper on the Pacific Ocean, you’ll have views of the water and the Santa Monica Pier. Have a picnic on the sand or take a swim within the pool.
15 Things To Do with Kids in Los Angeles
- Griffith Park & Observatory – See the metropolis from above at this L.A. landmark. Kids will love visiting the planetarium, going to a star party, and exploring over four hundred acres of pure magnificence at Griffith Park which surrounds the observatory. You can ride trains on the Travel Town Museum or go to Shane’s Inspiration Playground.
- Warner Bros Studios Tour – Your kids will be fascinated by all of the TV and film memorabilia in addition to the behind-the-scenes backlot tour. Hold an actual Oscar, put on Harry Potter’s sorting hat, see costumes and props, and go to units from a few of your favourite shows.
- Melrose Ave Walking Tour – Discover a few of the city’s most-photographed spots on this strolling tour. If you have a budding photographer, they are going to be impressed by the colourful backdrops and can love snapping endless photos. There are nice stops alongside the way to seize a espresso or do a little shopping for that perfect souvenir.
- La Brea Tar Pits & Museum – Take a go to again to the Ice Age proper within the coronary heart of L.A. Along with the effervescent tar pits, there are actually hundreds of Ice Age fossil displays. Kids will love the chance to see paleontologists engaged on ongoing excavation projects.
- Venice Beach – Head down to the beach for a truly Southern California vibe. Visitors come right here from throughout the world, and it’s easy to see why. Walk the boardwalk to see street performers and skateboarders, take benefit of nice shopping and dining, or simply stroll alongside the beach.
- Malibu Creek State Park – Get outside the metropolis and uncover this hidden treasure. You’ll really feel like you’re hiking through the wilderness of Southeast Asia. With greater than 8,000 acres, the park is the perfect place to fish, bike, rock climb, or go horseback riding.
- Universal Studios – This popular theme park has a little one thing for everyone, from rides and shows to meet-and-greets. There is a lot to do and see that you’ll need to permit a whole day there, collectively with Universal City Walk. Plan out your day by downloading their app, and if you’re able, a Universal Express Pass is well worth it.
- Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens – Visit greater than 250 different species that decision this well-known zoo home. Check out exhibits from throughout the world or go to the gardens for an incredible array of plant life. Feed the giraffes, mingle with the flamingos, get your face painted, or take a ride on the carousel.
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles – This is the spot for these that love nature and dinosaurs. Watch dinosaurs come to life at Dinosaur Encounters and uncover distinctive hands-on experiences and amazing exhibitions. You can additionally discover metropolis nature on the Nature Gardens.
- California Science Center – Do you have a child that’s obsessive about space and science? Check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour, go to a kelp forest, see an IMAX film, or discover L.A.’s ecosystems. There are loads of galleries and interactive exhibits to maintain you entertained all day long.
- The Getty Museum – This free museum sits atop a hill and offers up amazing views and beautifully sculptured gardens. From the parking lot, you’ll take a cable-pulled tram all of the way to the top. The museum will be a favourite of artwork lovers each big and small.
- Santa Monica Pier – One of the most photographed spots within the world, this well-known pier juts out proper into the Pacific Ocean. Ride the giant Ferris wheel, play carnival games, watch the road performers, seize an ice cream cone, or simply benefit from the views.
- Bob Baker Marionette Theater – Watch puppets come to life at L.A.’s longest-running marionette show. No matter the place you sit, you’ll have an ideal view since the puppets carry out within the round. When the present is over, kids will get a backstage tour and free ice cream!
- Aquarium of the Pacific – Take a drive down to Long Beach and go to this much-loved aquarium. With a spotlight on education, there are many exhibits and alternatives for up-close-and-personal experiences with a number of unique creatures. Be certain to go to the shark lagoon, the whale exhibit, and the adorable sea otter habitat.
- Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens – It’s easy to spend most of your day here. The library is gorgeous and homes a few of the most incredible collections. The artwork museum has over 42,000 works of art. The Children’s Garden encourages kids to splash, make music, hunt for fairies, and play amongst topiary animals.
Make the most of your journey by picking your faves from this list – then begin packing!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you loved this list of issues to do with kids in Los Angeles, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for extra kids activities, please follow our Kids Activities board!